In the post, "The Top HR Goal in 2016? Recruiting, Retention and Engagement", Sharlyn Lauby of ITM Group wrote:
"Employees are comfortable with making job changes. Talent shortages are increasing. Certain skills are hard to find. All of this points to increased pressure on human resources to deliver a talent strategy that will align with business strategy."
I summarized the points she raised in that post, which I find interesting:
- Pay attention to HR analysts;
- Employee engagement is at an 8-year low so it's high time to invest in their development, give recognition whenever due, and improve wages;
- Become an irresistible organization for job seekers;
- Engage in an employer-employee dialogue during performance meetings;
- Instead of an exit interview, try the "stay interview."
credits: HR Bartender