Good morning. Here’s the staffing update for today, March 2.
- The Staffing Industry Executive forum is going on down in Miami Beach.
- The ADP employment report came in better than expected, with 217,000 new jobs added. Read more about it here >
ZuzuHire CEO Ty Abernethy will be featured on the @Animal recruiting show today at noon EST.
- Staffing company president sentenced to prison.
- Administaff name change controversy sparks nasty comment.
- Direct hire firm Heidrick & Struggles CFO departs. Stock unfazed.
- Temporary staffing suffered a downtick in February. Was it the bad weather? Maybe says this report on an uptick in perm.
- Command Center Chairman and CEO, Glenn Welstad, announced a 51% YTY sales increase for February despite the harsh snow storms.
- Unemployment insurance attorney Dustin Stohler says Indiana is figuring out a way reduce employer taxes (registration required) and restore some sanity to the notion of employment.