TempWorks has spent the first few months of 2011 working on improvements to our products and infrastructure that will allow us to function as an even greater asset to staffing and recruiting companies around the world.
New developments from Eagan, MN include:
- New faces in the role of CFO, Corporate Counsel and a 6500-square-foot expansion to our headquarters.
- Updated websites, www.tempworks.com and www.http://staffingtalk.com, built by new VP of Marketing Paul Phipps.
- New products for staffing companies that lower operating expenses and drive the cost of software ownership lower.
- Overhauls to the functionality and look-and-feel of our flagship Enterprise and WebCenter products.
Our development program at TempWorks is driven 100% by customer demand. If it goes into our product, there is a staffing contract somewhere in the world that couldn’t exist without it.
A few examples from the first quarter include:
- Expanded AP/GL functionality – Will allow TempWorks customers to retire their third party accounting applications by adding key features that are found in applications such as Microsoft Dynamics, MAS, Peachtree. Specifically, branch level budgeting functionality will allow regional firms with multiple offices access to real-time financial information of branch offices. This will in turn remove an additional vendor from a staffing company’s suite of products and reduce overall implementation costs and timelines.
- Daily Labor module – In November of 2010, Labor Solutions of Prospect Heights, IL chose TempWorks as their staffing software partner. TempWorks was contracted to build a labor hall management system that managed time & attendance, transportation, equipment charges, daily time tickets, and daily check printing for multi-branch day-labor firms.
- WebCenter VI – The WebCenter product, which debuted in 2001, will undergo a complete reconstruction, to be presented to the staffing community for the first time at Staffing World 2011 in Las Vegas. Not only will the look and feel be updated to 2012-standards, but functionality such as credit card and ACH invoice payments, bilingual support and expanded branding ability will make the new WebCenter a cutting edge HR self-service tool.
New Product Launches
Beyond new development, the TempWorks sales and customer service divisions have introduced several new ways in which a staffing company can partner with TempWorks.
By taking advantage of the synergies that exist naturally in a staffing-firm services organization, we’ve continued to expand beyond software; reducing the cost of ownership of our core product by offering value-added services along side it:
Web Design & SEO services: Through the launch of our sister organization, staffing news website http://staffingtalk.com, TempWorks hired nearly a dozen additional staff in the fields of journalism, graphic design and marketing. This provided TempWorks with the perfect blend of talent necessary to help our staffing-firm partners revitalize their image on the web, rise to the top of search-engine rankings, and serve as a beacon for their regional marketplace in terms of online talent attraction.
Background Check Services: TempWorks has partnered with staffing-industry background check firm Trak-1 Technology on a customer referral basis since 2008. In 2011, TempWorks expanded its involvement in the employment screening marketplace by becoming a direct vendor of screening services. Not only will customers be able to take advantage of paperless screening integration already offered by TempWorks, but new customers will be able to lower their screening and software expenses by purchasing both directly from TempWorks.
Time and Attendance Systems: Since 2006, TempWorks has offered a time-clock solution to users of its staffing software and WebCenter. This solution required a few things that made it uncompetitive: users had to be licensees of both TempWorks and WebCenter, users were required to purchase expensive and fragile Microsoft-based touch-screen hardware devices, and these devices had to be rolled out in an environment that had hard wired internet access.
Realizing that most staffing firms don’t want to invest in their own timeclock hardware, that most don’t have a choice with regards to internet connectivity at client sites, TempWorks has introduced a stand-alone time and attendance product. We offer hardware selection, support and maintenance based on the needs of your individual worksites to users that need not be using WebCenter or even TempWorks, with data extraction utilities that make integration with 3rd party back office systems easy.
The success of TempWorks and the new ventures we’re pursuing wouldn’t be possible without the constant counsel of our loyal clients. If there’s any way you feel we could be doing a better job, you have feedback, or just want to share a new idea, please call me directly at my desk.