OutlookTW is now ready for beta 1. Thanks also goes out to Kevin for his help on this project. Following are the changes from the last time I demo-ed it (sorry, but some is technical talk).
- A revamped message form. You can now also create an Outlook Task and/or Appointment from an email & setup reminders just like you do in Outlook.
- A new contact form that allows you to create a new contact in both TW & Outlook from the sender of an email.
- A lot of platform changes
- Replaced SQL Express with a more lightweight SQL Everywhere. Much better response times. No more lags due to a user process being started up after long idle periods that came with SQL Express.
- Remote synchronization using RDA. Reference data is stored locally in SQL Everywhere to improve performance as opposed to calling a web service for it all the time or caching large datasets in memory on users desktops. Now this reference data can be refreshed from the remote database on the fly by the user & it is instantly available. Click on the Settings button to find this option.
- Integrated web service authentication so you will only get the data your hierarchy permits.