Seventy-percent of the traffic coming to employment sites these days is via mobile, and Salesforce just made it a little easier to be there with the release today of AppExchange Store Builder; enabling any company to quickly create its own fully customizable app marketplace.
The company says it offers customized branding, centralized support across multiple device platforms, and the ability to manage and deliver apps directly to users.
"Every company is becoming an app company, but until now, they haven't had the option to centralize app management and distribution," says Jim Sinai, senior director, AppExchange and platform, Salesforce, in a company press release. "With AppExchange Store Builder, any company can quickly create a completely customizable storefront for its users."
Pam Miller serves as Director, Partnering Research in the Channels and Alliances Research group at International Data Corporation, a provider of market intelligence and advisory services for the information technology markets.
She says "we now spend time in apps that we once spent in a web browser," and that every company has an imperative to deliver mission-critical apps to their constituents.
AppExchange Store Builder Features:
- Distribution freedom: AppExchange Store Builder makes it easy for companies to create a single destination to distribute mobile, web and desktop apps to customers, partners and employees.
- Customized branding: New app storefronts can be completely customized to give all end-users a consistent brand experience.
- Built-in dashboards: Companies can stand up a new marketplace with a few clicks, make apps immediately available, and view built-in dashboards that provide complete transparency into activity and downloads.
- Support for all platforms: Companies can create a single destination for their end-users to download all of the business apps they need, including third-party apps and apps for various device platforms, such as Android, iOS and Windows.
- E-commerce: Existing solutions available in the Salesforce AppExchange, including Chargent, Linvio and Zuora, can be easily integrated into AppExchange Store Builder to add payment processing.
Salesforce said the AppExchange Store Builder is generally available today at no cost to existing Salesforce customers. Additional users require Customer Community licenses, which are available starting at $5 per user per month.