- Always meet prospective clients in person.
- Never send an employee to a client site that you haven’t inspected.
- Always hand deliver your first invoice to your client’s AP department.
- Never employ someone that you haven’t met in person.
- Do thorough background checks on all employees, including and especially internal employees.
- Avoid payroll checks and if you insist on using checks always use positive pay.
- Investigate time cards submitted with large amounts of overtime.
- Never work through a third-party like a VMS firm without a guarantee of payment from the end-client.
Eight Ways To Protect Your Staffing Company From Fraud
Written by Gregg Dourgarian